South Carolina beats Arkansas-Little Rock 74-62Monday, Nov 26, 2012
PUERTO VALLARTA, Mexico (AP)—Brenton Williams scored 17 points, leading five players in double figures, as South Carolina beat Arkansas-Little Rock 74-62 on Sunday in the Hoops for Hope Classic championship game.
Williams was 7 of 7 from the floor.
Lakeem Jackson posted a double-double with 10 points, 15 rebounds. LaShay Page scored 16 points, Mindaugas Kacinas 13 and Eric Smith added 10.
South Carolina led 39-22 at halftime.
In the second half, the Gamecocks continued to dominate. At 13:01, Williams made a 3-pointer to make the game 55-28. The Gamecocks (5-1) shot 56 percent from the field for the game and never trailed.
The Trojans (4-3) shot 40 percent.
Will Neighbour had 19 points and five rebounds for the Trojans.
The Trojans beat SMU 69-56 on Saturday to reach the final.
South Carolina defeated Missouri State 74-67 in OT Saturday.
- Wake tops NC State 67-59 in ACC opener
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58