PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Jalen Cannon finished with 20 points on 10-of-12 shooting to lead three players in double-digit scoring as St. Francis (NY) beat Brown in overtime 76-72 Saturday in nonconference play.
Tied at 58, Cannon’s jump shot with 1:12 left in the second half put St. Francis (2-2) on top 60-58.
Cedric Kuakumensah answered for Brown (2-3), making a layup with 33 seconds left to tie it up at 60. Brent Jones missed the potential winning jumper, sending the game into overtime.
Brown jumped out to a 64-63 lead halfway through overtime, but St. Francis would respond with an 8-0 run over the next two minutes to take the lead 71-64.
Ben Mockford finished with 14 points, including eight in overtime, while Kevin Douglas scored six in the overtime period for the Terriers, and totaled 17 points for the game.
Sean McGonagill led Brown with 23 points, but recorded six turnovers.
- Mississippi-Marquette Preview
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'