Virginia Tech beats Appalachian State 87-76Friday, Nov 23, 2012
Virginia Tech, which is off to a 5-0 start for the first time since the 1984-85 season, put the game away with a 13-2 run late in the second half. Green scored six points in the run, including a one-handed slam with 4:51 remaining that capped the run and gave the Hokies a 73-60 lead.
Appalachian State (1-4) got no closer than 11 points the rest of the game. Jay Canty led the Mountaineers with 21 points.
Green made 8 of 15 from the floor and all 11 of his free-throw attempts. He has made 31 consecutive free throws. The Hokies made 30 of their 39 free-throw attempts.
Jarell Eddie added 23 points for the Hokies and Marshall Wood had 13.
- Kentucky, Duke prospects stand out at the Nike Hoop Summit
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69