California rallies to beat Georgia Tech 68-57By JOE RESNICK, Associated Press Saturday, Nov 24, 2012
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP)—Justin Cobbs scored 17 points, Richard Solomon got six of his 12 points down the stretch to help fuel a pivotal rally and California beat Georgia Tech 68-57 on Friday night to advance to the championship game of the DirecTV Classic.
Allen Crabbe added 13 points and five assists for Cal, which is off to a 5-0 start. Cal’s opponent in Sunday’s title game will be Pacific, which beat St. Mary’s 76-66 earlier Friday and topped Xavier 70-67 in Thursday’s first-round game. The Golden Bears got to the semifinal round with a 73-70 win over Drake.
Mfon Udofia had 16 points and Kammeon Holsey came off the bench to score 14 for Georgia Tech (3-1), which shot 39 percent from the field, was 2 of 15 from 3-point range and was outrebounded 41-29.
- Christmas in August for Syracuse (Sorry, couldn't resist)
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78