The Bulldogs (2-2), who beat the Bears (2-2) for the first time in 12 tries, led 45-29 with 13:23 remaining before a 21-9 run Brown cut it to 54-50 with 5:59 left. Freshman Cedric Kuakumensah had three baskets during the run and finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
The Bears cooled off down the stretch, however, making just three of their final 11 shots and just half of their free throws (3 of 6) the rest of the way.
Starks scored 12 points in the final 6:13 for Bryant.
Alex Francis added 18 points for the Bulldogs, 12 in the first half, and grabbed 10 rebounds.
Sean McGonagill scored 14 for Brown, tying Kuakumensah for team scoring honors, and Rafael Maia had 12 points.
- Were Wednesday’s 12:01 a.m. recruiting calls effective or overkill?
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown