Austin Peay edges Western Carolina 72-71Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
CANCUN, Mexico (AP)—Travis Betran scored 22 points, Anthony Campbell scored 21 and Austin Peay rallied from a 12-point halftime deficit to beat Western Carolina 72-71 on Tuesday in the Cancun Challenge.
Chris Freeman had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Governors (2-2).
Trey Sumler led the Catamounts (1-4) with 16 points. Preston Ross scored 14, Tawaski King had 12 points and James Sinclair finished with 10 points for Western Carolina, which led 42-30 at halftime.
Austin Peay rallied and led by as many as nine midway through the second half before Western Carolina closed in. A late 3-point attempt missed and King’s layup at the buzzer accounted for the one-point margin.
- ACC-leading Duke visits Wake Forest
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne