ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP)—Mike Black hit 9 of 11 from the field and 5 of 7 from beyond the arc en route to a game-high 23 points as Albany picked up an 83-55, nonconference win over South Carolina State Tuesday night.
Black wasn’t alone in his sharpshooting. The Great Danes (4-2) shot 53.4 percent (31 of 58) from the field, including 51.7 percent (15 of 29) on 3-pointers. Jayson Guerrier added 18 points and Jacob Iati 14 for Albany, and both players made 4 of 8 3-point tries.
Shaquille Mitchell led the Bulldogs (3-2) with 13 points, followed closely by Adam Adams and Khalif Toombs with 12 apiece. South Carolina State shot 43.9 percent (25 of 57) from the field but made just 3 of 16 3-point attempts, including a 0 for 5 showing in the second half.
Albany outrebounded the Bulldogs 37-26.
- Kansas-Oklahoma Preview
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Ellis has double-double for No. 7 Kansas in 75-56 win at TCU
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M