Holt lead Kent State past Bethune-Cookman 69-68Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Chris Evans had 14 points and 10 rebounds to lead Kent State (3-2), and Holt and Chris Ortiz scored 13 each.
Kevin Dukes scored 18 points to lead the Wildcats (1-4), Paul Scotland had 15 and Adrian Coleman 10.
Kent State led 67-63 with 2:14 to go on two free throws from Chris Ortiz, but the Wildcats’ Scotland was fouled on a 3-point shot and made all three to close to 67-66 at 1:47. Alex Smith’s layup gave Bethune-Cookman a 68-67 advantage with 1 minute remaining.
The Wildcats led 33-28 at halftime, but Kent State scored the first 10 points of the second half for a 38-33 lead.
Holt, a senior, is 21 points shy of 1,000 for his career.
- Holt lead Kent State past Bethune-Cookman 69-68
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- Clark, Davis help UMass knock VCU out of first, 69-63
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72