La Salle (2-1) got a double-double from Rohan Brown, who had 10 points and 12 rebounds. Jerrell Wright had 14 points and nine rebounds, while Ramon Galloway hit 3 of 4 3-point tries en route to 13 points.
The Explorers opened with a 16-4 lead, capped by a 3-pointer from Galloway exactly six minutes in. Hartford (1-3) came back with an 8-0 run to cut the lead to 16-12, but was outscored 24-10 before halftime and trailed 40-22 at the break.
La Salle was 60.9 percent (14 of 23) from the field in the first half, including 5-of-8 shooting from beyond the arc.
Mark Nwakamma hit a game-high 16 points for the Hawks.
- Kentucky coach John Calipari nominated for a regional Emmy
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics