Louisiana Tech surges past SE Missouri State 67-63Monday, Nov 19, 2012
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—Raheem Appleby scored 21 points as Louisiana Tech netted the first 12 points of the second half and went on to defeat Southeast Missouri State 67-63 in a nonconference game Monday.
Appleby got the run started for the Bulldogs (3-1) with a pair of jumpers. After Cordarius Johnson made two free throws, Michale Kyser rebounded a missed 3-pointer by Appleby and dunked for a seven-point lead.
Brandon Gibson added a pair of layups, the second after a steal by Kenneth Smith, and Louisiana Tech led 43-32 with 14:47 remaining.
The Redhawks (3-2) got within three points three times the rest of the way, but never closer.
Johnson contributed 15 points and Gibson 12 for Louisiana Tech.
Tyler Stone scored 17 points with 14 rebounds and Corey Wilford scored 16 points for Southeast Missouri State.
The game was part of a four-team, three-day round-robin portion of the CBE Classic.
- No. 5 Duke races to 79-60 victory at Florida State
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown