Cal State Northridge beats Northern Kentucky 69-58Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Stephan Hicks and Josh Greene scored 14 points each to lead Cal State Northridge to a 69-58 victory against Northern Kentucky in a NUCDF Basketball Challenge contest on Sunday.
Allan Guei added 13 points, and Hicks had 10 rebounds for the Matadors (6-0), who are off to their best start since joining Division I before the 1990-91 season.
Eshuante Jones scored 24 points and Jalen Billups 10 for the Norse (0-4).
The game was tied at 27-all with 16:36 remaining, but Hicks converted two three-point plays to spark a run that put Cal State Northridge in control, up 43-32 with 11:32 to play. Northern Kentucky got no closer than seven the rest of the way.
- Mulkey's jumper gives Buffalo 68-64 win over Eastern Michigan
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne