STONY BROOK, N.Y. (AP)—Louis Montes led the way with 20 points and Shane Gibson scored 11 of his 14 points in the final two minutes of Sacred Heart’s 64-62, come-from-behind victory over Stony Brook on Sunday.
Stony Brook (3-1) led 29-25 at halftime and pushed that advantage to 54-40 behind a 3-pointer from Marcus Rouse with 7:42 left.
The Pioneers led 60-51 but a jumper from Montes helped the Knights draw within seven with 3:31 left.
Gibson took over from there, entering the game after a media timeout and nailing back-to-back 3-pointers and then a jumper to cut the deficit to 63-62 with one minute left.
Sacred Heart (2-2) forced Stony Brook’s Dave Coley to miss a jumper on its next possession and Gibson converted a three-point play on the other end to secure the victory.
Gibson played just 11 minutes.
Rouse led Stony Brook with 16 points.
- Eight stay-or-go decisions that were completely on the money
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69