Young lifts Arkansas past Longwood, 112-63By KURT VOIGT, AP Sports Writer Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
Young, who was suspended from the Razorbacks’ opener for a violation of team rules, started and was 10-of-16 shooting. The sophomore led Arkansas (2-0) in scoring last season with an average of 15.3 points per game despite only starting seven games.
The Razorbacks, who scored 47 points off 28 turnovers by the Lancers, also got 16 points each from Marshawn Powell and freshman Anthlon Bell, while Rickey Scott added 12.
Arkansas shot 52.4 percent (43 of 82) from the field, topping the century mark for the first time since the 2009-10 season.
Michael Kessens led Longwood (0-3) with 17 points.
- Barkley the biggest, best TV news about expanded tournament
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69