ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands (AP)—Gary Talton and Hayden Humes each scored 14 points, and the University of Illinois-Chicago used a 15-0 run early in the second half to pull away in a 62-36 victory over Mercer in the Paradise Jam on Saturday.
Illinois-Chicago (2-1) took a 30-19 lead into halftime and started its 15-0 run with a Marc Brown tip-in with 16:26 left to play. Daniel Barnes scored seven of his nine points during that run. Barnes finished with a game-high seven rebounds for the Flames.
Travis Smith and Darious Moten had eight points apiece for Mercer (2-2).
- Illinois-Chicago defeats Mercer 62-36
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72