Young was 6 of 10 from the field, including 3 of 4 from 3-point range, and had five assists. TaShawn Thomas added 14 points and a team-high eight rebounds. Danuel House added 10 points.
Steven Dandridge shot a jumper to put Grambling State up by one. Seconds later, Brandon Morris scored on a layup and it was all Houston from that point on.
Houston (3-0) led 46-22 at halftime, shooting 51.7 percent from the field in the first half.
Grambling State (0-4) had 21 turnovers.
Derron Dobbs had 12 points for the Tigers. Terry Rose had 9 points and Dandridge finished with 8.
The Cougars have a 5-0 record in the series with Grambling State, which began during the 2004-05 season.
Joseph Price is in his first year as Grambling State’s head coach.
- Mazzulla's slap of the floor still rings in Duke's ears
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team