Moody, Florida Atlantic escape Coppin State 64-61Saturday, Nov 17, 2012
ELON, N.C. (AP)—Stefan Moody netted 19 points off the bench and FAU won 64-61 over Coppin State Saturday in a nonconference matchup.
Jordan McCoy added 10 points and Greg Gantt pulled down 11 boards for the Eagles.
FAU opened the game on an 18-2 run. Coppin State answered with six straight of its own but the Eagles scored 15 consecutive points to take a 33-8 halftime lead.
FAU (1-2) held Coppin State to 3-of-32 shooting in the first half, while converting 56.5 percent (13 of 23) from the field.
The teams reversed roles in the second half, as Coppin State shot 51.5 percent (17 of 33) during the period, while holding FAU to just 24 percent (6 of 25).
Coppin State (0-3), which trailed by as many as 17 in the second half, cut the deficit to 57-52 with 50 seconds left, but Moody converted five free throws down the stretch.
- Eric Cartman: “Stu-dent-ath-o-leets. Oh, that is brilliant sir.”
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne