Hield lifts Oklahoma past Texas-Arlington 63-59By RYAN OSBORNE, Associated Press Friday, Nov 16, 2012
Hield scored all 17 points in the first half, when the Sooners (2-0) put together a 24-3 run en route to a 38-28 halftime lead.
Oklahoma extended the lead to 17 points with 15:13 left in the game, but the Mavericks (1-1) rallied to tie the game at 57-all on a Jordan Reeves jumper with 2:46 left.
Steven Pledger made a 3-pointer on the Sooners’ next possession to retake the lead, and Oklahoma hit 3 of 4 free throws in the final 23 seconds to seal the win.
Kevin Butler led Texas-Arlington with 16 points and Karol Gruszecki had 15.
- Northern Iowa defeats Illinois State 70-60
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69