Randal Holt added 15 points and Chris Evans 14 for the Golden Flashes (2-1), who got points from 12 players.
Kent State shot 60 percent (18 of 30) in the first half to take a 42-32 lead. The Cougars (1-2) helped Kent State along by committing 11 first-half turnovers.
Evans scored eight points and Holt six to lead an 18-6 Kent State run in the opening 6:07 of the second half to make it 60-38. The Golden Flashes continued to pad their advantage as Manley scored 15 of his points in the second half, including five 3-pointers in seven attempts. He was 6-of-8 behind the arc in the game.
Jeremy Robinson and Matt Ross scored 14 points each and Nate Duhon added 13 to pace Chicago State.
- Manley, Kent State overwhelm Chicago State 92-63
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66