White, Campbell beats Appalachian State 101-82Saturday, Nov 17, 2012
White made 15 of 19 shots as the Camels (2-1) made 66.7 percent (42 of 63) overall, the highest percentage ever at Gore Arena.
Darian Hooker added 17 points for Campbell and Reco McCarter chipped in with 13 points.
Campbell scored the first five points of the game and took an early 16-5 lead on the way to a 55-39 halftime advantage. The Camels finished the half shooting 65.6 percent.
Appalachian State (1-2) committed 10 turnovers in the first half and shot 42.4 percent (14 of 33).
The Camels outscored the Mountaineers 23-0 on fast break points.
Nathan Healy, Tab Hamilton and Tevin Baskin scored 18 points apiece for Appalachian State.
- Manhattan tops UNC-Wilmington 77-72
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne