Majok, a junior-college transfer who had 11 points and 12 rebounds in his first game as a Cardinal on Sunday, was 4 of 10 from the field but 9 of 10 from the line. Jauwan Scaife added 14 points and Jesse Berry had 12.
The game went back and forth before the Cardinals took the lead for good, 48-47, on Michael Ramey’s 3-pointer with 7:56 to play. The Terriers (1-2) pulled within 59-57 on John Swinton’s 3-pointer with 1:02 left but could get no closer.
Lee Skinner led Wofford with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Spencer Collins added 14 points on just 2-of-12 shooting.
The game was the Cardinals’ 300th at Worthen Arena, which opened in 1992. Ball State improved to 219-81 there.
- Simmons 24 points leads LSU past Oral Roberts, 100-77
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics