Williams lifts Minnesota past Tennessee St. 72-43Thursday, Nov 15, 2012
Andre Hollins added 13 points and Austin Hollins had 12 for the Gophers (3-0), whose 3-point shooting helped them build an 18-point halftime advantage that never dipped below 17 in the second half.
Kellen Thornton had 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Tigers (0-3), while Jordan Cyphers and Robert Covington added 10 points each. Tennessee State shot a season-low 23.7 percent from the floor thanks in part to a Minnesota defense that prevented quality looks.
The Gophers have limited their three opponents this season to a combined 26.6 percent shooting.
Minnesota held the Tigers without a point for more than six minutes in the second half, scoring 10 straight over that span to race ahead 53-26 and put the game out of reach.
- VCU capitalizes on its Final Four run with clever new T-shirt
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72