Carmichael’s two free throws tied it at 75 with 2 seconds left in regulation.
Drexel led by three early in the extra period before the Redbirds (2-0) scored seven consecutive points. Brown hit a tying 3-pointer, then another basket for an 81-79 lead.
The Dragons (0-2) then turned the ball over and Johnny Hill’s layup put the Redbirds ahead by four.
Chris Fouch’s 3-pointer with 6 seconds left brought Drexel within one, 85-84, but Hill added a free throw, and Frantz Massenat’s running 3-point try for Drexel missed.
Drexel used a 12-1 second-half run to turn a three-point deficit into an eight-point lead. However, a 3-pointer by Brown, followed by a three-point play by Hill, got the Redbirds back into it at 71-69 with 5:06 left.
- What school does No. 1 prospect’s mom wish recruited him harder?
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win