Charleston Southern runs over Hiwassee 105-69Thursday, Nov 15, 2012
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Jeremy Sexton scored 16 points, and Paul Gombwer contributed 12 points and 12 rebounds to lead Charleston Southern to a 105-69 victory over Hiwassee.
Also scoring in double figures for the Buccaneers (1-2) were Mathiang Muo with 15 points, Cedric Bowen with 13 and Sheldon Strickland with 10.
Rico Stanley scored 14 points for Hiwassee (1-6), and Joel Bailey and Justin Browner got 10 each.
The Buccaneers won the rebound battle 52-22.
Hiwassee Tigers led 10-7 on Browner’s 3-pointer 2:47 into the game and 15-13 on Bailey’s jumper 4:30 in. By the 8:42 mark, however, the Buccaneers were ahead by 10 and were never seriously threatened, keeping lead at double digits for most of the first half.
Charleston Southern, of the Big South Conference, had lost to Arizona 82-73 in its previous game.
- Utah St rallies to beat New Mexico St in WAC semis
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold