San Diego holds on to beat Northern Kentucky 65-61Thursday, Nov 15, 2012
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Dennis Kramer scored 15 points as San Diego held on to beat Northern Kentucky 65-61 on Wednesday night in the NUCDF Basketball Challenge at the Jenny Craig Pavilion in San Diego.
Kramer was 4 of 5 from the field and led the Toreros in rebounds with six. Johnny Dee added 14 points for the Toreros (2-0). Chris Anderson finished the game with 13 points and six assists. San Diego shot 55 percent from the field in the first half and 50 percent for the game.
San Diego led 30-26 at halftime in a game with five lead changes.
Eshaunte Jones led the Norse with 12 points, including two 3-pointers, and six rebounds. Todd Johnson added 11 points and was 3 of 8 from 3-point range. Ernest Watson and Chad Jackson scored 9 points each for Northern Kentucky (0-1).
- Norfolk State routs Maryland Eastern Shore 85-63
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win