Freshman Jameel Warney had nine points, nine rebounds and three steals for Stony Brook (3-0), which started the game at 6 a.m. before a sellout crowd of 1,650 at Alumni Gymnasium as part of ESPN’s college hoops marathon.
Nurideen Lindsey scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half and Anthony Myles added 14 for Rider (1-1), which shot 30 percent from the field.
The Seawolves led 28-21 at the half and outrebounded Rider 35-27.
- Shawn Kemp Jr. takes long road to familiar place
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon