CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Tyler Stone scored 25 points and Marland Smith had 19 as Southeast Missouri defeated Lyon College 89-61 Monday night.
Nino Johnson added 14 points and 15 rebounds for the Redhawks (1-1), and A.J. Jones had 13 points and 10 rebounds. Southeast Missouri outrebounded the Scots 56-35.
Marcus Humose scored 20 points for Lyon (2-2), an NAIA team that shot just 28 percent from the field. Jordan Layrock added 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Southeast Missouri used a 17-0 run to go on top 35-15 with 8:22 left in the first half. Stone had three dunks during the spurt and Johnson had four points.
The Redhawks led 46-27 at halftime and built their largest lead at 87-53 when Jones knocked down a jumper with 1:50 left to play.
- Charleston Southern topples UNC Asheville 74-68
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne