St. Mary of Kansas beats Nebraska-Omaha 96-86Sunday, Nov 11, 2012
Shiron Williams scored 18 points, Jeb Greenberg 15 and Matt Heydman 13 for the Spires, who are members of NAIA Division II and played this game as an exhibition. It was St. Mary’s first win in seven meetings against Nebraska-Omaha, which is in its first season as a full member of Division I.
St. Mary scored the first 12 points of the second half to go in front, and outscored Nebraska-Omaha 58-37 after halftime.
John Karhoff led the Mavericks (1-1) with 18 points, while Alex Phillips scored 16 and Koang Doluony added 11 points. The Mavericks beat Northern Illinois in their opener at the new Ralston Arena Friday night.
- St. Mary of Kansas beats Nebraska-Omaha 96-86
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56