Wilcox leads Washington past Loyola Maryland 85-63Sunday, Nov 11, 2012
SEATTLE (AP)—C.J. Wilcox scored 22 points, Abdul Gaddy had 17 and Scott Suggs 15 to lead Washington to an 85-63 season-opening win over Loyola Maryland on Sunday night.
Wilcox hit four 3-pointers and Suggs three from long range for the Huskies, who failed to advance to the NCAA tournament last year despite winning the Pac-12 regular-season title. Aziz N’Diaye added 10 points and a career-high 17 rebounds.
Dylon Cormier had 19 points, Erik Etherly 15 and Robert Olson 12 to lead Loyola (1-1). The Greyhounds were 24-9 last season and lost to Ohio State in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
The Huskies hit 7 of 11 3-pointers in the second half after leading 33-31 at halftime in the first game between the teams. They were 2 of 6 beyond the arc in the first half, with Wilcox and Suggs each hitting one.
- What has the extended three-point line done to the game?
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78