The Black Knights (1-1) led 46-36 after a back-and-forth first half, but the Keydets (0-2) rallied to within a point with just under 5 minutes left after a 3-pointer and another basket by Stan Okoye.
After a 3-pointer by Army’s Josh Herbeck made it 72-68, VMI was unable to score on its next possession despite three offensive rebounds by Phillip Anglade.
When the Black Knights got the ball, Mo Williams converted a three-point play off a breakaway layup, pushing the margin to 75-68, and the Keydets got no closer than five points the rest of the way.
Okoye led the Keydets with 29 points, shooting 4-of-5 on 3-pointers, and Anglade, a freshman, had 14 rebounds to go with seven points.
- Ex-UNLV and NBA star Armen Gilliam died doing what he loved
- Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia 63-62 on Allen's buzzer-beater
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88