NORMAL, Ala. (AP)—Demarquelle Tabb had 19 points and 15 rebounds as Alabama A&M rallied from a 12-point first-half deficit to defeat Miles 68-48 Friday night in both teams’ season opener.
Tied at 46 with 8:27 left, the Bulldogs closed out the game on a 22-2 run.
The Division II Golden Bears led 31-19 with 2:58 left in the first half and 33-24 at the break.
Alabama A&M stormed back in the second half, outscoring Miles 44-15.
The Bulldogs tied it for the first time at 33 on a Justin Banks dunk, and the game was tied three more times.
Alabama A&M held Miles to 22.7 percent from the field in the second half (5 of 22) while shooting 44.8 percent (13 of 29) and hit 17 of 22 free throws compared to 5 of 8 for the Golden Bears.
Ronald Foxx II led Miles with 14 points and Ty Lollar added 10.
- Washington St.-Washington Preview
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67