EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Akeem Johnson scored 15 points and Jalen Cannon (13 points, 13 rebounds) recorded a double-double in St. Francis’ (N.Y.) 76-65 win over Lafayette on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Ben Mockford added 14 points off the bench and Kevin Douglas chipped in 13 for the Terriers, who outrebounded Lafayette 41-28.
St. Francis led 32-24 at halftime and shot 59.3 percent (16 of 27) from the field in the second half to pull away.
Lafayette made 17-of-30 shots in the second half but could not recover from an 8-for-26 showing in the first half.
The Terriers shot 27.8 percent (5 of 18) from 3-point range and forced 14 Lafayette turnovers in the win.
- Northern Iowa defeats North Dakota 64-41
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold