Holt, the Golden Flashes’ leading scorer a year ago, scored 17 points, including another pair of free throws with three seconds left to lock up the victory.
After Drexel jumped to an early overtime lead, Kent State tied the contest at 59-59 on Darren Goodson’s layup, then took the lead on a Kris Brewer free throw.
Chris Evans followed that with two free throws, only to have Drexel tie the game 62-62 on Chris Fouch’s 3-pointer, setting up Holt’s winning freebies.
Fouch netted 24 points and made 6 of 12 3-pointers.
Evans, who led all scorers with 21 points, sent the game into overtime with a jump shot with 31 seconds left.
- Best of Midnight Madness: Bill Self and his custom motorcycle
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska