Eastern Kentucky tops Cincinnati Christian 89-56Friday, Nov 9, 2012
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Glenn Cosey netted 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting— including 6 of 7 on 3-point attempts—and Eastern Kentucky won its season opener against NAIA Division II opponent Cincinnati Christian 89-56 Friday night.
The Colonels, who shot 53.3 percent (32 of 60) from the field, opened with 16 consecutive points, and finished the half ahead 49-25 on 64.5 percent (20 of 31) shooting, including 7 of 15 on 3-point tries. Eastern Kentucky was 14 of 30 from behind the arc for the game, highlighted by Cosey’s sharpshooting.
Cincinnati Christian (0-3) committed 24 turnovers, leading to 30 Colonels points. Eastern Kentucky outscored the Eagles in the paint 34-22, and got points from 11 different players.
The Colonels have now won 15 consecutive season openers.
DJ McCommons led Cincinnati Christian with 15 points, connecting on 5 of 6 shots, including 2 for 2 on 3-pointers.
- McCorkle, IPFW edge UMKC 76-73 for tourney berth
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69