Anderson leads Detroit past N. Michigan 88-53Friday, Nov 9, 2012
DETROIT (AP)—Doug Anderson scored 25 points and Ray McCallum added 22 on Friday night as Detroit opened its season with an 88-53 victory over Northern Michigan.
Anderson also was a big factor on the boards and on defense, coming up with nine rebounds and five steals.
McCallum’s effort included six assists and five rebounds.
Detroit also was effective from 3-point range, converting 11 shots from beyond the arc.
Northern Michigan’s shooting touch was off most of the night, hitting just a third of its shots from the field.
T.J. Cameron scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Northern Michigan.
- No. 13 Cincinnati 83, No. 20 Memphis 79
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan