Mississippi beats Tennessee 77-72 in OTBy DAVID BRANDT, AP Sports Writer Saturday, Mar 10, 2012
Henry hit two free throws with 9.1 seconds left in regulation to give Ole Miss a 61-58 lead, but Tennessee’s Skylar McBee banked in a 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds left to tie the game and send it overtime.
The Rebels pushed ahead 70-63 in overtime on Murphy Holloway’s putback, but Tennessee rallied to pull within 74-72 on two free throws by Jarnell Stokes. Henry closed out the game by making two free throws with 11 seconds remaining.
Ole Miss (20-12) advances to the tournament semifinals for the first time since 2007.
Tennessee (18-14) was led by Trae Golden’s 21 points. Skylar McBee and Cameron Tatum both scored 15.
- Mississippi beats Tennessee 77-72 in OT
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team