KATY, Texas (AP)—Dontae Cannon scored four of his 18 points in overtime to help McNeese State to a 78-74 victory against UTSA in the Southland Conference tournament quarterfinals on Wednesday night.
Patrick Richard added 16 points and 11 rebounds and Desharick Guidry 14 points for the fourth-seeded Cowboys (16-14), who face top seed Texas-Arlington in a semifinal game on Thursday.
Melvin Johnson II scored 19 points and Igor Nujic 13 for the fifth-seeded Roadrunners (18-14). Jeromie Hill and Stephen Franklin scored 12 points apiece.
Kevin Hardy’s dunk in overtime gave McNeese State the lead for good, 68-67, and his layup increased the cushion to five points with a minute remaining.
Kannon Burrage made a 3-pointer for UTSA with eight seconds left in regulation to tie the score at 63-all and force the extra period.
Jeremie Mitchell scored 13 points for the Cowboys.
- Cannon leads McNeese State over UTSA 78-74
- Former Michigan State star Appling arrested in Detroit
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team