Texas A&M-Corpus Christi tips Cent. Arkansas 67-65Saturday, Mar 3, 2012
The Bears’ Mark Rutledge missed a 3-point attempt at the buzzer.
Chris Hawkins-Mast scored 25 points to pace the Islanders (6-24, 4-12 Southland), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Terence Jones had 15 points and 10 rebounds, while Jordan scored 10.
LaQuentin Miles’ 18 points led the Bears (8-21, 3-13), who lost 12 of their last 13. Jarvis Garner scored 15 and Rutledge 12.
The Islanders survived 18 turnovers with 55 percent shooting.
The game was tied five times in the last 6 minutes, the last at 65 on Miles’ layup with 25 seconds left before Jordan won it.
It was the season finale for both teams, as neither qualified for the eight-team conference tournament.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has never lost to Central Arkansas, posting a 6-0 record.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi tips Cent. Arkansas 67-65
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers