Keaton Cole had 16, Tawaski King 14, Trey Sumler 12 and Brandon Boggs and Preston Ross had 11 apiece for the third-seeded Catamounts (16-17).
Wofford (19-13) entered intermission trailing 38-32 but Western Carolina opened the second half on a 13-4 run to take a 51-36 lead with 15:36 left to play.
The Catamounts pushed that lead to 77-59 behind a 3-pointer from Cole with 3:16 remaining.
Western Carolina outscored second-seeded Wofford 44-27 in the second half and held the Terriers to just 32.8-percent (20 of 61) shooting overall. The Terriers hit just 3 of 24 3-point attempts.
Brad Loesing led Wofford with 23 points but shot just 8 of 17 from the field.
Western Carolina takes on UNC Greenville on Sunday in the semifinals.
- Western Carolina overpowers Wofford 82-59
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Having reached Final Four at last, Gonzaga's Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself