SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Michael Hale scored 21 points and made six 3-pointers to lead UTSA to a 97-88 victory over Texas-Arlington on Saturday night.
Igor Nujic and Kannon Burrage added 17 points apiece for the Roadrunners (18-13, 10-6 Southland Conference), who entered the game locked into the No. 5 seed at next week’s league tournament.
LaMarcus Reed scored 31 points and Jordan Reves had 20 points and 14 rebounds for the Mavericks (23-7, 15-1), who were denied a perfect record in Southland play but are the No. 1 tourney seed.
UTSA shot 54.7 percent from the field and had more 3-pointers (16) than baskets from inside the arc (13).
Stephen Franklin had 15 points and Melvin Johnson III 13 for the Roadrunners.
- Hale leads UTSA over Texas-Arlington 97-88
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0