SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Michael Hale scored 21 points and made six 3-pointers to lead UTSA to a 97-88 victory over Texas-Arlington on Saturday night.
Igor Nujic and Kannon Burrage added 17 points apiece for the Roadrunners (18-13, 10-6 Southland Conference), who entered the game locked into the No. 5 seed at next week’s league tournament.
LaMarcus Reed scored 31 points and Jordan Reves had 20 points and 14 rebounds for the Mavericks (23-7, 15-1), who were denied a perfect record in Southland play but are the No. 1 tourney seed.
UTSA shot 54.7 percent from the field and had more 3-pointers (16) than baskets from inside the arc (13).
Stephen Franklin had 15 points and Melvin Johnson III 13 for the Roadrunners.
- Fairleigh Dickinson holds off Monmouth 75-69
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team