South Alabama beats Troy 87-81 in Sun Belt tourneySaturday, Mar 3, 2012
Goldstein, the conference’s leading 3-point shooter in the regular season, was 4 of 10 from behind the arc and 7 of 15 overall. Augustine Rubit added 18 points and 14 rebounds for the sixth-seeded Jaguars (17-11), who will face No. 3 seed Denver in the quarterfinals Sunday. Antione Lundy had 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Will Weathers led the 11th-seeded Trojans (10-18) with 17 points and Alan Jones had 13.
South Alabama led 46-34 at halftime and 60-40 after a Lundy jumper with 12:55 to play, but Troy pulled within 81-79 on a Jones 3-pointer with 41 seconds left. Free throws, along with a Rubit layup following Mychal Ammons’ missed foul shot, helped the Jaguars hold on for the win.
- South Carolina defeats Kentucky 77-59
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare