South Alabama beats Troy 87-81 in Sun Belt tourneySaturday, Mar 3, 2012
Goldstein, the conference’s leading 3-point shooter in the regular season, was 4 of 10 from behind the arc and 7 of 15 overall. Augustine Rubit added 18 points and 14 rebounds for the sixth-seeded Jaguars (17-11), who will face No. 3 seed Denver in the quarterfinals Sunday. Antione Lundy had 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Will Weathers led the 11th-seeded Trojans (10-18) with 17 points and Alan Jones had 13.
South Alabama led 46-34 at halftime and 60-40 after a Lundy jumper with 12:55 to play, but Troy pulled within 81-79 on a Jones 3-pointer with 41 seconds left. Free throws, along with a Rubit layup following Mychal Ammons’ missed foul shot, helped the Jaguars hold on for the win.
- South Alabama beats Troy 87-81 in Sun Belt tourney
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims