SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP)—Warren Niles scored 17 points and top-seeded Oral Roberts had to rally in the final 2 minutes to defeat eighth-seeded IPFW 71-67 Saturday in the opening round of the Summit League tournament.
Oral Roberts trailed 61-59 with 2:34 remaining before Roderick Pearson hit a jumper and a 3-pointer to start an 8-0 run. The Eagles held on despite missing 5 of 12 free throws down the stretch.
IPFW’s Frank Gaines scored 26 points, including a 3-pointer with 9 seconds left to pull the Mastadons (11-19) within 68-66. After Niles hit 1 of 2 free throws for Oral Roberts, the Eagles fouled Justin Jordan with 4 seconds remaining. Jordan hit the first to make the score 69-67, and missed the second. Gaines got the rebound but missed a follow-up shot that would have tied it.
- Oral Roberts survives scare vs. IPFW, 71-67
- Kansas guard Graham apologizes after traffic warrant arrest
- Virginia's Perrantes struggling to rediscover shooting touch
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- No. 8 Tar Heels top No. 7 Cardinals 74-63, stretch ACC lead
- No. 3 Kansas routs TCU 87-68 to clinch share of Big 12 title