Old Dominion downs Delaware 88-74 in CAA tourneySaturday, Mar 3, 2012
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Kent Bazemore scored 24 points to lead five players in double figures as Old Dominion downed Delaware 88-74 in the Colonial Athletic Association tournament quarterfinals on Saturday.
The fourth-seeded Monarchs (20-12) will face top-seeded Drexel on Sunday in semifinal action.
Donte Hill had 15 points, Chris Cooper 13, Nick Wright 12 and Dimitri Batten 10 for the Monarchs.
Old Dominion opened the second half with a 13-4 run, fueled by Bazemore’s third field goal from beyond the arc and a layup by Cooper, to take a 60-46 lead at the 14:01 mark. Following a jumper by Delaware’s Devon Saddler, the Monarchs opened up their largest lead of the game at 78-60 on a thunderous dunk by Marquel De Lancey with 7:21 remaining in the contest.
The Monarchs won the battle of the boards 44-32.
Saddler had 24 points to lead the fifth-seeded Blue Hens (18-13).
- Old Dominion downs Delaware 88-74 in CAA tourney
- No. 8 North Carolina keeps rolling, tops Pitt 85-67
- Knee contusion sidelines Kentucky's Fox against Florida
- Duke's Grayson Allen out for Miami game with ankle issue
- No. 18 Virginia snaps 4-game skid, beats NC State 70-55
- Milton scores 20 to help No. 15 SMU beat UConn