Houston Baptist defeats Texas-Pan American 65-57Saturday, Mar 3, 2012
Tyler Russell had 10 points for the Huskies (10-19, 3-7 Great West), who will be the No. 5 seed at next week’s conference tournament. The opponent, the No. 4 seed, is to be determined.
The seedings of Texas-Pan American (11-20, 5-5) and NJIT will not be finalized until Sunday. The schools tied for third in the Great West, with the determination of the Nos. 3 and 4 seeds going to the third tiebreaker, which is RPI.
Jared Maree had 18 points for the Broncs, who were without leading scorer Brandon Provost, who suffered an undisclosed injury in practice on Friday.
A 14-2 run midway through the second half gave the Huskies a 58-53 cushion. They never relinquished that lead.
- Houston Baptist defeats Texas-Pan American 65-57
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims