Houston Baptist defeats Texas-Pan American 65-57Saturday, Mar 3, 2012
Tyler Russell had 10 points for the Huskies (10-19, 3-7 Great West), who will be the No. 5 seed at next week’s conference tournament. The opponent, the No. 4 seed, is to be determined.
The seedings of Texas-Pan American (11-20, 5-5) and NJIT will not be finalized until Sunday. The schools tied for third in the Great West, with the determination of the Nos. 3 and 4 seeds going to the third tiebreaker, which is RPI.
Jared Maree had 18 points for the Broncs, who were without leading scorer Brandon Provost, who suffered an undisclosed injury in practice on Friday.
A 14-2 run midway through the second half gave the Huskies a 58-53 cushion. They never relinquished that lead.
- Houston Baptist defeats Texas-Pan American 65-57
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook