E. Washington moves on, beats Idaho State 81-75Sunday, Mar 4, 2012
CHENEY, Wash. (AP)—Cliff Colimon scored 22 points, Laron Griffin added 21 points and 11 rebounds, and Eastern Washington beat Idaho State 81-75 on Saturday in the first round of the Big Sky Conference tournament.
Jeffrey Forbes also scored 21, including five 3-pointers, for the Eagles (15-16), who will face top-seeded Montana in the semifinals Tuesday.
Kenny McGowen scored 28 to lead the Bengals (9-21) but was just 9 of 28 from the field, including 5 of 19 on 3-pointers. Melvin Morgan added 22 points.
Idaho State led 61-55 with 9:02 to play, but Colimon capped a 10-0 run with a 3-pointer to put Eastern Washington up 65-61. The Bengals pulled within 74-72 with 1:18 left, but a Kevin Winford layup and free throws by Parker Kelly and Colimon sealed the win.
- E. Washington moves on, beats Idaho State 81-75
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown