E. Washington moves on, beats Idaho State 81-75Sunday, Mar 4, 2012
CHENEY, Wash. (AP)—Cliff Colimon scored 22 points, Laron Griffin added 21 points and 11 rebounds, and Eastern Washington beat Idaho State 81-75 on Saturday in the first round of the Big Sky Conference tournament.
Jeffrey Forbes also scored 21, including five 3-pointers, for the Eagles (15-16), who will face top-seeded Montana in the semifinals Tuesday.
Kenny McGowen scored 28 to lead the Bengals (9-21) but was just 9 of 28 from the field, including 5 of 19 on 3-pointers. Melvin Morgan added 22 points.
Idaho State led 61-55 with 9:02 to play, but Colimon capped a 10-0 run with a 3-pointer to put Eastern Washington up 65-61. The Bengals pulled within 74-72 with 1:18 left, but a Kevin Winford layup and free throws by Parker Kelly and Colimon sealed the win.
- E. Washington moves on, beats Idaho State 81-75
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims