Drexel drops UNC Wilmington 59-47 in CAA tourneySaturday, Mar 3, 2012
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Chris Fouch had 14 points to pace four double-figure scorers, leading Drexel over UNC Wilmington 59-47 on Saturday in the quarterfinal round of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
The top-seeded Dragons, who had a bye in the first round, advanced to the semifinals on Sunday.
Samme Givens and Frantz Massenat added 11 points apiece and Damion Lee poured in 10 for Drexel (26-5), which extended its winning streak to 18 straight games. The Dragons have won 24 of their last 25 overall.
The game was tight for most of the first half, until Fouch had a jumper and a layup that helped fuel an 8-2 Drexel run that put the Dragons up for good. They led by five points at the break and outscored the ninth-seeded Seahawks 32-25 in the second half to seal it.
Donte Morales had 13 points to lead UNC Wilmington (10-21).
- Drexel drops UNC Wilmington 59-47 in CAA tourney
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case