Detroit KOs Cleveland State 63-58 in Horizon semisSaturday, Mar 3, 2012
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—Ray McCallum scored 26 points and Detroit avenged a pair of losses to Cleveland State during the regular season with a 63-58 victory over the Vikings on Saturday in the semifinals of the Horizon League tournament.
Detroit used a 14-2 run to build a 47-35 lead with 12:03 remaining, only to see second-seeded Cleveland State (22-10) answer with its own 14-2 run to tie it at 49-all with 3:07 left.
The Titans went up by four on a fast-break dunk by Chase Simon and a pair of free throws from McCallum, and hit 8 of 10 free throws in the final minute to hold off the Vikings.
D’Aundray Brown had 17 points for Cleveland State, which had swept Detroit in the regular season, including a 77-64 victory 10 days ago.
- Detroit KOs Cleveland State 63-58 in Horizon semis
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst