Will Taylor scored 10 points for the Mustangs (17-14, 8-8 Big West), who are the fourth seed in the conference tournament. Cal Poly plays No. 5 seed UC Riverside in a first-round game on Thursday.
Travis Fulton had nine points to lead the Tigers (11-18, 6-10), who shot just 31.1 percent (14 for 45) from the floor, including 2 of 19 from 3-point range. Pacific had just 14 points in the second half and went scoreless for a 7:44 stretch, enabling the Mustangs to build a 57-34 cushion.
The Tigers are the No. 6 tournament seed and have a first-round matchup against third-seeded UC Santa Barbara.
- Sacred Heart beats Wagner 55-49 for second Northeast title appearance
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin rewarded with contract extension
- Bridges might be Izzo's best player ever at Michigan State
- NCAA: UNC's arguments in academic case 'without merit'
- Hoosiers face daunting challenge to defend Big Ten crown
- Michigan hopes to show more grit after two-season lull