Morehead State defeats Jacksonville State 68-54Friday, Mar 2, 2012
Morehead State led by two, 24-22, at halftime and outscored the Gamecocks 44-32 in the final 20 minutes. The Eagles (18-14) shot 52.6 percent in the second half (10 of 19).
Milton Chavis added 14 points, Drew Kelly 12 and Ty Proffitt 11 for Morehead State, which won the OVC tournament in 2009 and 2011.
The third-seeded Eagles will play Tennessee State in the semifinals on Friday.
Morehead State shot 47.5 percent from the field (19 of 40) and made 27 of 35 from the free-throw line against Jacksonville State. Warner made eight of his 10 free throws.
Jacksonville State (15-18), the seventh seed, was led by Ronnie Bogs and Tarvin Gaines with 12 points each and Mason Leggett with 11.
- Morehead State defeats Jacksonville State 68-54
- Balanced No. 3 Gonzaga defeats Portland 83-64
- Slumping West Virginia prepares to meet No. 2 Kansas
- Injured Dozier looking to return for No. 23 South Carolina
- Villanova, Kansas stay 1-2 in AP Top 25, Gonzaga up to 3rd
- Northwestern wins in Columbus for 1st time since 1977