The fifth-seeded Leopards (13-17) eliminated the No. 4-seeded Crusaders (15-14) from the tournament for the third consecutive season. They will face No. 1 seed Bucknell in the semifinals Saturday.
Delaney scored 16 points in the first half, when Lafayette shot 64 percent (16 of 25) for a 43-38 halftime lead. He was 5 for 5 on 3-pointers in the game, the last putting the Leopards ahead 74-64 with 4:31 remaining.
Holy Cross trimmed the lead to 76-73 with 41 seconds left before Lafayette wrapped it up with eight free throws.
Jim Mower added 18 points for Lafayette and Ryan Willen had 12 points and six assists.
RJ Evans had 18 points, Devin Brown 17 and Dave Dudzinski 16 for Holy Cross.
The teams split two regular-season meetings, each winning on the road.
- Delaney leads Lafayette over Holy Cross 84-76
- Knee injury will cost Hoosiers' Anunoby rest of season
- Gophers could have Springs in their step vs. Badgers
- No. 3 UCLA routs Arizona State 102-80 behind 3-point barrage
- No. 12 Louisville rolls past Clemson 92-60
- Hermanson leads No. 23 Saint Mary's past Pacific 62-50