Colorado holds off Cal for 70-57 winBy PAT GRAHAM, AP Sports Writer Sunday, Feb 26, 2012
BOULDER, Colo. (AP)—Austin Dufault and Spencer Dinwiddie each scored 15 points, Andre Roberson grabbed 15 rebounds and Colorado beat California 70-57 on Sunday, dealing a blow to the Golden Bears’ Pac-12 title aspirations.
The Buffaloes (19-9, 11-5) remain in the running to receive one of four automatic byes at the conference tournament. Even more, they kept their flickering hopes afloat for their first league crown since capturing the 1968-69 Big Eight title. Colorado has to win at Oregon and Oregon State—then receive major help.
Allen Crabbe had 16 points and Justin Cobbs 15 for the Bears, who had their six-game winning streak snapped. They haven’t won in Boulder since Dec. 16, 1974.
- Eric Devendorf punished for punching woman, but not by the law
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims